Looking for golf courses in Birmingham, Alabama, to play? We’ve got a complete round up of the options available to play near you.
There are a great variety of golf courses in Birmingham Alabama offering a unique experience for golfers of all skill levels, from private members clubs to public courses open to everyone looking to tee it up.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, there are courses in Birmingham that cater to your needs.
From the full list of Birmingham golf courses below, each has its own distinct features from layout and scenery to the level of difficulty. Discover the top rated courses in Alabama and our complete list of Alabama golf courses.
List of Golf Courses in Birmingham, AL
A full list of golf courses available in Birmingham, Alabama is below:
- Country Club of Birmingham, Birmingham
- Greystone Golf & Country Club, Birmingham
- Grayson Valley Country Club, Birmingham
- Heatherwood Hills Country Club, Birmingham
- Highland Park Golf Course, Birmingham
- Hoover Country Club, Birmingham
- Inverness Country Club, Birmingham
- Mountain Brook Club, Birmingham
- Oxmoor Valley Golf Course, Birmingham
- Pine Tree Country Club, Birmingham
- Ridge at Oxmoor Valley Golf Course, Birmingham
- Riverchase Country Club, Birmingham
- Roebuck Municipal Golf Course, Birmingham
- Shoal Creek Golf Club, Birmingham
- The Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Ross Bridge, Birmingham
- Vestavia Country Club, Birmingham
- Westside Golf, Birmingham
Golf Courses Near Birmingham, AL
- Old Overton Club, Vestavia Hills
- Oaks Golf Club at Oak Mountain State Park, Pelham
- Deer Valley Links Golf Course, Chelsea
- Woodward Golf Club, Bessemer
- Ballantrae Golf Club, Pelham
- Castle Pines Country Club, Gardendale
- Frank House Municipal Golf Course, Bessemer
- Bent Brook Golf Course, Bessemer
- Trussville Country Club, Trussville
Booking a Tee Time
Most golf courses allow players to book tee times online, by phone or in-person, but booking in advance of your round is crucial to ensure that you have a spot on the course and won’t be left disappointed if you turn up at the venue looking to book on the day.
Booking online is the most convenient way as it allows you to book at any time of the day, from anywhere. Many golf courses also offer mobile apps that allow you to book tee times, view course information, and even track your score.
You will also find aggregator websites that allow you to book online at discounted rates such as GolfPass, GolfNow and many others.
When booking tee times, it is important to consider the time of day and the season. During peak season, tee times may be more difficult to come by, and the course may be busier. It is also important to consider the weather conditions, as some courses may close due to inclement weather.
You will find that green fees or the cost of a round will be cheaper outside of the peak times of the day, and also that there is potentially more availability. Many golf courses also offer twilight rates if you are planning on playing later in the day.
It is also important to arrive on time for your tee time. Many courses have strict rules regarding tardiness and may give your spot away if you are not there on time. It is recommended to arrive at least 30 minutes before your tee time to allow time for check-in, warm-up and any necessary preparations.
By planning ahead and considering the time of day and season, you can ensure a successful and enjoyable golf outing.
Booking a Golf Vacation in Birmingham
If you are booking tee times for a golf vacation or holiday, it is important to remember that it requires careful planning and research to ensure you and your travelling party get to play the courses you want.
Consider the location, time of year and availability of tee times at the courses you wish to play before booking hotels, travel or time off work.
Many golf resorts offer packages that include accommodations and tee times, which can save time and money, but golf vacations can also be booked independently by choosing hotels and golf courses yourself and dealing directly with them.
It is important to consider the skill level of the players in your group, as some courses may be more challenging than others and make the golf trip less enjoyable.
When booking tee times for a golf vacation, it is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability. Many popular courses may have limited availability during peak season, so it is important to plan ahead.
Talk to a travel specialist company, particularly a golf vacation agency, and let them do the hard work and research for you and provide options regarding price, schedule, accommodation and golf courses.
The Golf Reviews Guide team provide honest analysis of courses worldwide, information on the best golf destinations to visit, reviews the latest products and golf equipment and up to the minute golf news from the tours.