Need to know how to adjust a Honma XP-1 driver to switch the loft and lie angles? We have a complete guide and adjustment chart.
The Honma XP-1 driver is fully adjustable, offering you the opportunity to adjust the loft to increase or decrease your launch angle.
The amount of driver adjustment you can make differs from brand to brand but the step-by-step guide below shows you how the Honma XP-1 driver can be adjusted.
This particular model has a non-rotating hosel – different from other models – that can be placed into eight different positions.
Honma XP-1 Drivers Lofts
The Honma XP-1 driver is sold in two standard lofts of 9.5 degrees and 10.5 degrees.
Honma XP-1 Driver Specs
Loft: 9.5 degrees & 10.5 degrees
Standard Length: 45.25 inches
Standard Lie: 59.5 degrees
Adjustability: Non-Rotating System adjusts for loft, lie and face angle without rotating the shaft during the adjustment process. Position the settings in Op (Open), Cl (Closed), Up (Increased Loft) or Fl (Flat).
Adjusting The Loft Angle of a Honma XP-1 Driver
There are a few simple steps you can take to adjust the loft angle of your driver. You will just need an adjustment tool or wrench to get started.
Here’s how to adjust a Honma XP-1 driver:
1. Locate the screw on the sole of your Honma XP-1 driver that attaches the driver head to the shaft.
2. Using the wrench, turn to the setting you require.
3. You can rotate the non-rotating hosel to one of eight positions.
4. Position the settings in Op (Open), Cl (Closed), Up (Increased Loft) or Fl (Flat).
5. Put the screw back in place and tighten with the wrench by turning clockwise. When it is fully tight, you will hear a crank that sounds like the driver is cracking. At this point, the screw is as tight as needed.
Every time you want to adjust the loft, you repeat this process.